2016 Quick Recap
I’ll post more details on our expenses shortly for those that are really interested in a detailed breakdown, but here’s the quick overview.
We started in Coeur d’Alene, ID, where we had been since my Dad’s passing in November. At the end of January we were back on the road and we travelled the west coast over the course of the year before stopping down at in Pahrump, NV at Deseray’s parents place. They have full hook ups on their property, so we have been here for the holidays and are staying for Carol’s (Deseray’s mom) hip surgery before we will hit the road in February.
This was our second year as fulltime RVers (we launched in 2015).
In 2016 we:
- Travelled through 12 states (ID, OR, CA, NV, WA, MT, SD, NE, WY, CO, NM, AZ)
- Stayed in 26 RV parks / campgrounds
- 13 nights were spent in campgrounds that had no hookups (drycamping)
- 12 nights were spent boondocking in BLM or National Forest Service land
- 1 night drycamping in a casino parking lot in Hopland, CA,
- Parked at Deseray’s parents property (with full hookups) for 97 nights
- Camp hosted (at a dry site without hookups) for 93 nights
- Spent $3,865.08 on campsites and campground memberships
- Spent $443.35 on Propane
- Spent $250.56 on Generator Gas
- Spent $214.50 on laundry facilities
Subscribe To Our Weekly Digest
Once a week you'll get an email to what adventures we've been up to, where we have stayed and our thoughts and tips on the nomadic lifestyle.